The State argues that the suspects are engaged in high-stake money laundering racket and other economic crimes sabotaging the economy both locally and internationally.
Ordinarily money laundering is the process of making large amounts of money generated by a criminal activity, such as drug trafficking and make it appears to have come from a legitimate source.
Such money is considered dirty.
Here is a list of marked top money launders in the country whose assets are targeted by the government:
- Moses Wentagula– The Bungoma Senator has been linked to the sh400 million fake gold scam that has taken the country and International community by storm.
- Zaheer Jhanda– Detectives have profiled him as a person of interest in the sh 400 million gold saga in which United Arab Emirates ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum was conned.
- Jared Otieno– The main fugitive in the fake Gold scandal. Was arrested in a dawn raid and two of his brand new vehicles- a Porsche and Bentley seized.
- Don Bosco Gichana-Linked to the Gold scam and has reportedly gone underground. Has attributed his troubles to ‘fake bloggers’’.
- Babu Owino_
- Paul Kobia-Contraversial businessman and politician with questionable background and known for his filthy rich lifestyle.
- Steve Mbogo- Former Starehe parliamentary hopeful fighting claims of being a fraud.
- Caleb Amisi–